Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dear Diary....

Played double duty today taking the next
steps to prepare my stock for upcoming shows. I finally got the 300 pound flame box elder monster rolled out of my trailer and into the garage. Like you see here, my interest is in the quilted look on the outer surface. I know whatever is going on under there is going to look great as a set of special salad tongs. We also took down this bare Black Locust tree today. Still have not learned my lesson on Black Locust...it dulls everything it touches. Crap is so dense and heavy. But, I love how it looks when it takes that high polish and a beautiful color. Also turners, because it has a dense and heavy feel it can be turned thin for a great look, yet have a deceiving weight when lifted. Killer combination to play around with.

No comments: