Monday, August 13, 2012

A day of Walnut...and other things....

 Fell into some excellent Walnut today. Drove 45 minutes north but it was totally worth it...at this point. I would have no idea how the day would unfold from this point.

 Well, here is what came next. Twenty minutes later one of the tires shreds on the busy freeway which makes it so wonderful to change to the spare....






Of course, the spare was fairly flat and I had to pray to make it to a gas station, which I did. Then off to Farm and Fleet I went... $176 dollars and an hour  later I had two new tires, and lots of really nice Walnut!






Time to relax and paint the ends of what I am not going to get to for a while. Here's a little advise, always drill into the pith a bit before you paint so you can line up to cut down the pith at the band saw later. All said, it was a great day!

1 comment:

Stephen Hughes said...

Talk about a great day - the trailer has a few months supply of bowls to be turned there!
You lucky thing!
The wood I get is very often damp, and I have to leave for months before to dry. Unfortunately it might still be to damp and fly off the chuck! (and this happens a lot!

Here's my work!
Steve
http://we-love-wood.com/bowls/